A few of my many quirks:
1. I prefer patchy grass to manicured lawns.
2. I think forests are dirty because of all the leaves.
3. I hate ordering food at restaurants, or buying stuff in general… it’s scary.
4. In high school, I had roommates from the U.S., Kenya, Canada, China, Korea, Tanzania and Switzerland.
5. I’m not terribly fond of being touched by people outside my family… especially guys, except for hugs at special times.
I tag: 1) Heidi, 2) Justine H., 3) Hannah, 4) Naomi, 5) Ben Arnold… and Yohannes once he gets a xanga.
Unfortunately, when I don’t stand on the extremes on many issues, others seem to think I am lukewarm. I won’t deny that there are areas where I need to become more passionate, areas where I need to be more firm, and areas that I need to study in more depth so I can make a better decision of where I stand. But I will say that when I find that moderation is good, or when my beliefs lie somewhere other than the ends of a spectrum, it doesn’t mean that I am unsteady on those issues, or walking the fence. I am very firm about them; I just disagree with the ‘extreme’ views. To me, it would be a compromise to take a stance that is more extreme than what I truly believe or what I understand God to be telling me, regardless of whether it seems lukewarm to others or not.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.